School meals need to be ordered and paid for in advance on the school Gateway APP by 8am on the day or in advance. After 8am you will need to provide a packed lunch for your children. Menu choices will be uploaded into the Gateway APP each term.The menu is also available on the website. Meals cost £2.40 each (£2.00 for Pre School children), payment should be cash or cheque payable to Devon County Council.
If you have any queries regarding school meals or if you wish to discuss a diagnosed food allergy that your child has, please ring the school administrator on 01769 580512.
Free school meals
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 at state schools in England automatically get free school meals. However, parents and guardians are encouraged to apply for free school meals when they enrol their child in school, as this can help their child’s school to attract additional ‘pupil premium‘ funding to support learning.
From year 3 onwards, children whose parents are getting any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right can also get free school meals.
How to apply
Apply through the Devon Citizens Portal. This is the quickest and easiest way to apply and will result in you getting an instant decision. Alternatively, call the Education Helpline on 0345 155 1019.
If you need any help please see our Administrator Suzanne. We would encourage all parents of any age children to apply if you meet the above criteria. Thank you.