Vacancy – Teaching Assistant – Nursery
Monday to Friday (Term time only) 9.00am – 3.30pm
£11.79 per hour (grade B spinal point 3)
Required to start ASAP
At Winkleigh primary school we are passionate about learning and our Governing Board are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible in our Nursery Class.
This vacancy is 5 days per week 9.00am – 3.30pm term time As a federation we value our TA's, HLTA's and MTA's and regard them as an integral part of our team.
You will be experienced in working with children from the age of 2 years and be qualified to Level 3. There is the opportunity to expand this role and work alongside colleagues in our wraparound care provision that offers breakfast club and after school club running from 7.45am – 9.00am and 3.30pm – 5.30pm daily. Please state in your application form if you are interested in helping to support our wraparound care provision.
What we are looking for:
- You must be able to think on your feet and be highly motivated, flexible and committed, with experience of working with children of all abilities from the age of 2 years;
- You will have a good knowledge of standards and progress and have a clear understanding of how children learn;
- You will have sound knowledge and understanding of the EYFS, standards and progress and have a clear understanding of how children learn.
- You must be qualified to at least level 3 in a relevant Early Years qualification and have English and Maths GCSE as a minimum.
- You must have experience of working with individuals, small groups, fulfilling classroom duties and using your own initiative. A current full paediatric first aid qualification is desirable although training will be offered for this;
- You will be expected to use your own initiative and promote a positive, cheerful and supportive way of working.
- You will be able to build a strong rapport with children and use your creativity and innovation to enrich learning opportunities, ensuring that all children reach their full potential;
- You will enhance our team of committed individuals by always having high expectations and promoting the principles of inclusion;
- Excellent communication skills are essential;
We welcome to visits to our school. To arrange a tour with a member of SLT please telephone 01837 83354 and book an appointment.
More information regarding our school can be found at www.winkleigh.devon.sch.uk or by telephoning 01837 83354.
We are committed to safeguarding and this role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence, professionalism and fluency in English.
The Governors at Winkleigh Primary School (The Woodland Federation) have not adopted ’pay portability’ within their pay policy.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com (School Business Manager)
Please apply by 9.00am on the closing date Tuesday 12th March 2024. Interviews will be held on Monday 18th March 2024